Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Car was cranking but not starting. No key light was

Customer Question

Car was cranking but not starting. No key light was flashing. Mechanic said he tested grounds and everything and determined that the immobilizer had to be replaced. Replaced the immobilizer and car still isn't starting. Does my key need to be programmed with the new immobilizer or should the car just start as is?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Your key(s) will need to be reprogrammed before it will start. The key transponder code(chip) is not registered to the replacement immobilize unit. The code is stored in the engine computer and the immobilizer unit. The immobilizer units do go bad quite often so after the programing is completed it should be OK. Mobile locksmiths can come to you or the car and do the programing.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man