HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 1999 honda accord with no dash/ running lights. I

Customer Question

I have a 1999 honda accord with no dash/ running lights. I know about the multiplex failure and watched videos about bypassing the problem by splicing two wires at the left side instrument head plug. nothing worked. can you help me fix it without trying
to find another multiplex? thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I understand the dash light aren't working. Can you be a bit more specific about the other inoperative lights? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said, the instrument lights, taillights, and front amber parking lights are not working. I have headlights lo/hi beams. I even tried replacing the multiswitch (headlight switch) to no avail.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. Been under the weather here. I need the VIN number of this vehicle so I can be sure I'm looking up the correct service information for it. Once I have that I will look at the necessary wiring diagrams. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took care of it by myself. found broken ground wire which was part of a gang harness under driver side fuse panel. I also had to bypass the multiplexer to attain dash lights. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon. Thanks
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Good deal.