Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a gx390 engine on a pressure washer. I tried to start

Customer Question

I have a gx390 engine on a pressure washer. I tried to start and it would not start. took plug out and there was water and oil mixture (milk) in plug hole. Drained oil but its color was fine. took exhaust off and it had a mixture in it. when I pull the cord it shoots out. where could it be coming from and how do I repair it.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You may have a leaking cylinder head gasket allowing coolant to mix with the engine oil and also making it into the exhaust.I have seen head gaskets leak like this here before and cause this type of fault.I would have this checked into further to see if this is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really sure that about. Where would coolant be coming from in a pressure washer motor? It was left outside (my fault I know better) for month in which we had a lot of rain (15+inches/it was never submersed). Could rain/ condensation have gotten in through the exhaust? Causing water to just be in the compression chamber and exhaust?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize as I read this model incorrectly thinking this was a normal honda vehicle engine.

It is very possible water entered through the exhaust into the engine combustion chamber causing this fault here or that there is a seal leaking on the engine like the oil fill cap or another component causing the water to enter.I would check for any leaks needing repaired and change out the engine oil and remove the spark plugs and crank over the engine to blow out any water build up.

Thanks Pete