HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda tech only 2015 honda civic I took the steering wheel

Customer Question

honda tech only 2015 honda civic I took the steering wheel to replace clock spring , after that ,the ESP , slip control and TPMs lights came on, when trun ignition off and start the car , all warrnings went away , until I trun the wheel all the way right
( right only) but left is ok I checked the code , I found ESP angle sensor failure
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern.

assuming you did the job correctly, the steering angle sensor needs to be reset.

this can be done with a scan tool.

if you don't have access to a scan tool, you will need to take it to the dealer or a independent shop that has the capability to perform the reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did reset to the angle sendor using the scan too an it completed successfully but error comes again once I turn the well right after 1 complet turn

you need to recheck your work. replacing the clock spring and resetting the steering angle sensor should of completely taken care of the issue. I have never had a issue with this repair. please disassemble what you have done and recheck.

It might be possible you have a defective part also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u send me the procedure for replacing the clock springalso I am not sure how is the clock spring is related to the angle sensor , where is the angle sensor located

unfortunately I don't have access to the service manual procedures for the 2015. There is a bulletin that states before you remove the cable reel to tape it and the steering angle sensor together so there is no movement.

the steering angle sensor is right behind the cable reel. you will to check your scan tool and read what degree the sensor is reading and adjusting the angle accordingly. then put it back together and retry the memorization procedure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the clock spring assembly out and didn't find anything behined it , no sensor or any other equipment

I want to be sure I'm looking up the right information. Is it a 2010 or a 2015 Honda Civic? ex? Lx?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2015 LX
but it has all the blue tooth and radio control in the steering

according to the service manual the steering angle sensor is incorporated into the able reel. Make sure the part numbers match up from the old cable reel to the new cable reel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u find me the part number for the clock spring , it is for 2015 honda civic LX, with cruse control and blue touth controls in the steering wheel

please provide me with the entire vin number of your vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2HGFB2F58FH537580

I will check my sources and to back to you