Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My Honda CRV is doing something similar to this article. It

Customer Question

Hi. My Honda CRV is doing something similar to this article. It shudders at 2000 rpm to 2500 rpm when accelerating, but if I push it to 3000 rpm it stops. The check engine light just came on after it has done this for a week. I'm wondering if it is a transmission problem
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to justAnswer.

Your description does sound like a transmission problem. To be sure you will need to have someone scan the vehicle for the diagnostic trouble code(DTC). When the check engine light comes on a specific code will be stored in the engine and/or transmission controls unit memory. Most auto parts stores will scan for codes free of charge. If you can get me the code information I can give you a more exact answer. Once you have the code information you will also know if it's related to the transmission.

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought at first that it might be plugs or wires or clogged filter but I didn't get time to get into a shop this week. Then someone said it might be transmission, so that is why I came here. I had the code read at Advance Auto and it comes up "cylinder 1 misfire" and another which they don't have a definition for : PI399.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay it means a misfire on Honda models. I will get plugs and wires replaced because it hasn't been done in a while.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, been a busy morning.

It can be as simple as a bad plug, wire, cap, etc. Hopefully that is your problem. There is a bulletin is for problems with the exhaust valves receding into the cylinder head. If the valve seats wear the valve clearance will decrease causing a misfire. I have attached a copy of the bulletin for you to read. If you have any questions about the bulletin just ask. If you would like to speak about it on the phone just ask.

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man