Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 2003 Odyssey. I had aleternator and battery

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Odyssey. I had aleternator and battery replaced and now radio does not work. No code symbol and i checked al the fuses in all 4 fuse boxes. Bought a new stereo thinking that was the problem and still no go.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. Please give me a few minutes to look over the wiring and radio information.

Be right back, Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Just to be sure, did you check fuse #8 in the driver's under-dash fuse box, fuse #9 and #11 in the passengers under-dash fuse box? Can you pleas tell me if the power outlet socket works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power outlet socket works. All other power in van works. Checked all fuses including ones mentioned.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply and information. The power outlet relay also supplies power to the radio that's why I asked if it worked. If the fuses are OK and the radio ground is also OK the radio will need to be removed to test the wiring. I have included a picture of the radio ground wire location near the scan tool connector. If the wiring tests good you must have gotten a bad radio. The only way to be sure is test the radio connector for power and ground. I can help you with the test instructions if needed.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to confirm that I checked the right fuses, which one is #39 under the hood? I checked al 7.5,10,15 and 20amp fuses
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

#39 is not a good fuse number for the under hood fuse box. the lowest number is #41. I have included diagrams with the fuse locations for the drivers side under dash and passengers side under dash.

Thanks again, Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

None of the fuses under the hood would cause the radio to fail. If one under the hood was blown other electrical items would not work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you supply a picture of the radio ground wire location?
I dont see it anywhere. I will test the radio now
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry got the picture ready but forgot to send it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Im a bit confused. Where is the exact location of this picture? Am I going into the radio, under the hood or inside where the radio is located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but can u resend last message? Got deleted somehow
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.It's under the dashboard near the OBD2 connector passenger side under the glove box.