Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

99 Honda Civic SOHC non-vtec LX converrted to EX vtec d16y8

Customer Question

99 Honda Civic SOHC non-vtec LX converrted to EX vtec d16y8 engine with automatic transmission.
I need to find the 4 wire connection from the secondary o2 sensor behind the cat convertor to either the ECU or other engine conponents. o2 sensor have 1 green 1 white and 2 black wires. My check engine light is on and I need to smog the vehicle.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Because wiring color and pinouts do change between year models, I need to know the year of the ex vtec engine you dropped in to your lx.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine came from 1999 Honda Civic EX Auto Trans Vtec SOHC. I said converted meant I swapped it out with the engine and transmission as a whole unit with the wire harness, and ecu. My search concluded that the secondary o2 sensor wires were in the cabin of the EX which is not included in my car the Civic LX.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so the harness connector is no longer there since you replaced the engine wiring harness and you need to direct wire it in, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct. I do need to direct connect the four wire from the secondary o2 sensor.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I am going to have to opt out as my wiring colors are no where near what yours are and my ecm connector pinouts dont match my wiring diagrams showing where they go.

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you/

i will upoad the diagrams for you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb4ja5w27221c80/1106-honda-Part%201.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/nb4ja5w27221c80/1106-honda-Part%201.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for taking my question. I will read through the diagrams and try to figure it out. I will let you know in 1 -2 days if something arises.

you are very welcome

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I attempt to wire or re-wire the pins I need to double check. Now referring to the electrical diagram on page 7-8 and my Hanyes repair manual, I'm showing secondary o2 sensor BLK wire 1 goes to Pin A8=Ho2s (LG1 in Haynes), BLK wire 2=+12v on fuse15, wht=A23 2HO2s (2WBS Haynes), Lt. GRN= C18 sensor ground(No referenc Haynes). I was not sure about the wiring result in different cross reference. Second diagram scheme referred to your electrical diagram on page was very close to what I found and researched. Secondary o2 sensor wire A5, D13, D14, and letter D. I need help on getting the wire colors on each terminal and twhat the letter D referred to connect on the secondary o2 sensor from top to bottom according your electrical diagram. I hope all the information is there.

the diagram i gave you is right for the engine you are using

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the color wire that connects to letter D wire on diagram 2 of 10? What does D stands for or is?

please stand by,i wi opt out,someone will be right with you

thanks