Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

A yellow symbol came up on my dashboard that is in the rpm

Customer Question

A yellow symbol came up on my dashboard that is in the rpm circle. I think it is the engine symbol - trying to look it up.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

If the check engine light is on then there is a problem with the emissions or fuel system. It's a warning that something is causing excessive exhaust or fuel evaporative emissions. A specific diagnostic trouble code(DTC) will be saved in the computer memory. There are hundreds of possible DTC's so the only way to know what is wrong is to have the DTC read with a handheld scan tool. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. Once you have the code information I can tell you what is wrong.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man