Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

I have a 2006 CR-V and noticed that over the last while I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 CR-V and noticed that over the last while I get a vibration it seems coming from the rear that comes and goes every once and a while. It feels almost like I am going over small little bumps or or grooves in the road - like the kind specially
made on the road to warn a car to slow down if you know what I mean. It lasts for about 5 seconds and then goes away. At first I thought it was maybe the road in different spots and the way it was paved that it wasnt smooth. But now I am thinking it must be
something with the car. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Have you ever had the rear differential serviced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I can remember. I thought about that, but isn't that normal just felt when turning?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I think if the fluid is broken down enough you could have this also when going straight. Another issue could be from the transmission torque converter which you would feel under light acceleration only at certain speeds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks. Last question - what does it normally cost to service those things?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Every dealership is different but where I work in Illinois we charge $89.95 for the differential and also $89.95 for the transmission.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you need more help with this.