Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Tried to start my 2004 Honda CRV. Bunch of beeps and clicks

Customer Question

Tried to start my 2004 Honda CRV. Bunch of beeps and clicks and the horn beeped as someone had tried to break in. All the warning lights came on and the radio shut down. Now when I turn the key, just clicks and warning lights. Headlights and interior lights work. Key fob works to lock and unlock the doors. Is this the "immobilizer"? If so, what do I do on a Sunday?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

The immobilizer(IMOB) will only prevent the engine from starting. The starter works but the fuel system is disabled. If the IMOB was the issue only the green key light would be on while it did not start not the flashing lights and security system noise. You have a low battery causing your problem. When the available battery voltage is too low you will get all of the strange lights and alarm action. Try charging the battery with another vehicle(jumper cables) for approx 10 min then see if it will start. I bet it will fire right up and run OK. You might need to shut the alarm off when the cables are attached so be ready. Checking the battery cables and having it tested would be a good idea to avoid this problem again.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man