Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 2003 honda crv was running fine except i had to

Customer Question

i have a 2003 honda crv was running fine except i had to change out my idle air control valve tried to start my engine will not turn over i get a greene key light which it clears turn key back to auxillery position greene light flashes no start
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Please give me a few min to look over the wiring and immobilizer diagrams. Be right back!

Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

First make sure the battery is fully charged. Try a jump or charging the battery. The battery can be enough for the starter but not have enough voltage left for the immobilizer system. The ground for the immobilizer and engine computer(PCM/ECM) is on the intake manifold. If loose or off it can cause the engine to not start. I have included a picture with the location of ground G101 and a document about low battery voltage. If all of this does not help try disconnecting the battery negative , turn the ignition switch to the ON position, then reconnect the battery. This may reset the immobilizer system.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time. Your question remains open for follow up after doing so. All you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

If none of my suggestions help the immobilizer may have lost the key transponder codes. You might try a different key just to rule out a bad key transponder chip. The last option is to have a mobile locksmith come to you and reprogram the keys. Please remember to rate my advice and service.

Thanks again, Honda-Man