Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I put a transmission in and now the car wont start by key,I

Customer Question

I put a transmission in and now the car wont start by key,I can jump the starter and it will crank and run. I notice when I turn the key switch on the D4 light will come on for about 15 seconds. Would like to know how to fix my problem?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Most likely the transmission range switch is bad or out of adjustment. It's the switch on the end cover of the transmission housing. It should show it's in park after several seconds. It prevents the engine from starting unless you are in park or neutral. I have included the instructions for adjusting the range switch(also called a neutral safety switch). If it won't work after adjusting it you might try swapping over the one from the old transmission.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man