HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have having a misfire issue with my 2005 gx and no one has

Customer Question

I have having a misfire issue with my 2005 gx and no one has been able to figure it out.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** all has been replaced? Is misfire constant? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read the section of 'what I have tried already?" is saysI have having a misfire issue with my 2005 gx and no one has been able to figure it out. It was misfiring in 2&3 and was sputtering during driving at all rpm. Light was on solid. They replaced the plugs (which were 50k miles on 100k warranty). We also replaced cvt fluid by chance. The car drove fine after that.
100 miles later the car more heavily misfired and was undriveable. It would idle OK but when given gas would sputter very hard and die. Maintenance light was only flashing.
The original mechanic looked into it and found cyclinder 1 misfiring only. He inspected and replaced all 4 coils as he found cracks in the top and down the plastic shaft, from where it turns 90 degree. It still misfired, and light stayed intermittently. He did a compression test and found no issues. He adjusted the valves and still misfiring. We sent it to dealer and they did an emission test and found high carbon and suspect it is a blown head gasket. We brought it back and did a leak down test and found no leak.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Misfire is not constant, it will have power for a few min and then will misfire heavily, then clear up and drive for a bit.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Did problem get any better after replacing the coils? What is your vin number? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not get better after coils.getting vin now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1hgen26544l000739 its 2004
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1HGEN26544L00739
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That vin didn't register, it is a 2004 grand prix? Does it ever run good?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a honda civic gx
it always runs very well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you reading the info which was submitted through the site? it doesn't seem like it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you confirm your experience with Honda Civic GX?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

None of the original information you posted showed up. I have only worked on these a few times but when it comes down to it, they are all pretty similar. Does it still idle fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it idles fine. Here is the original info, can you confirm you have read this? I'm not impressed with all this back and forth. I have worked on hondas 10x you already I am not a honda 'expert' as this website says you are.I have having a misfire issue with my 2005 gx and no one has been able to figure it out. It was misfiring in 2&3 and was sputtering during driving at all rpm. Light was on solid. They replaced the plugs (which were 50k miles on 100k warranty). We also replaced cvt fluid by chance. The car drove fine after that.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was a waste of time.