justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

WHat a neat service! We have a 2012 Honda Fit Base with

Customer Question

Hi Guys! WHat a neat service! We have a 2012 Honda Fit Base with 33,000 miles on it. The clutch has worked flawlessly; no shudder, difficulty shifting or depressing it. All of a sudden it feels like it is stuck in third gear; even when you depresss the clutch to shift, and release it, it doesn't seem to shift. When yyou start out from a stop you have to high rev, the engine will go to 4000 rpm, then you go to shift to the next gear and the engine will ev up to 5-6,000 rpm, but it doesn't shift down. Plus there was an acrid almost burning smell. Any idea what is going on? Thanks.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

This does not sound good to me. The smell you are smelling is more than likely the clutch disc material burning. This usually happens when the clutch disc has worn out. If this vehicle was in our shop and I experienced the symptoms you are describing I would suggest the clutch is worn and needs to be replaced. It may not have given much indication that the clutch disc was failing, but I think that is the point you are at now. You are describing clutch slippage in your question post. I know with the mileage it might not seem normal, but that sounds like the problem. If you need more information about clutch repair let me know. I will do my best to provide any further information.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. THanks