Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have 2004 Honda civic hybrid the IMA failed so I put new

Customer Question

I have 2004 Honda civic hybrid the IMA failed so I put new battery's in it and that did not solve problems
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is***** will be helping with your Honda question.

What codes do you have? Did you have the control unit software updates done? Was it a new IMA battery or a used one?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ,it was new cells
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Are the IMA and check engine lights on? If so what codes? Did you have the dealer update the IMA and engine software?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code is p1600
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

The code P1600 is a basic generic code that sets in the engine control unit. It just points to the IMA system for the actual fault code. There will be a code for the IMA system that is specific and will help find the problem. Correctly diagnosing a IMA battery problem is difficult at times so I will need the code to help. If you can get this code?

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still getting no answer
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

The code you gave me won't help I need the code for the IMA light. If I just guess you might rate me bad and that won't pay me or help you solve your problem. If you want to get the code then come back that's OK. The rating won't prevent you from coming back to this question it just makes sure I get credit for my time.

Thank you, Honda-Man