Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

How difficult is it to replace ball joints in a 199 honda

Customer Question

how difficult is it to replace ball joints in a 199 honda passport
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is***** will be helping with your Honda question.

Is your Passport a 2WD or 4WD model? What is your skill level?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a 99 Honda passport 4WD 3.2 skill level is good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once i jack up car remove wheel then remove pin from bolt, unscrew bold from nut what do i use to press that from spindle. will spring make it jump. I know i must remove 4 each nuts from upper ball joint and it will ease out.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** it a difficulty rating of 7. it's a tough job because the rotors-hubs need to be removed, bearings repacked and adjusted for the lower ball joints. The tie rod ends and ball joints require a special tool to seperate them from the spindle. Most auto parts stores loan the tool with a deposit. I have included all of the information that I have available just incase you decide to do the repairs. Instead of me trying to explain it would be best to use the directions. Please kindly rate my advice and information. If you have any questions along the way follow-ups are free!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If

you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating

until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I can do this, removing the hubs I have done before many time, I have repacked all bearings and replaced many over the years. I just need to get the tools,
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Good, it's not too bad just a lot of steps. Please remember without a rating I will not receive credit for my time and information. If I have helped you please kindly rate or accept.

Thanks again, Honda-Man