Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I need help with my exhaust manifold issue on my 2001 Honda

Customer Question

I need help with my exhaust manifold issue on my 2001 Honda Civic LX. When the issue started, the car lost a lot of power, started bogging out and eventually came to an idle and died. I checked under the hood and the exhaust manifold was glowing red. I looked into the issue and replaced a couple sensors and ordered a new throttle body, but haven't put it on the car yet, due to people telling me that it could be a exhaust manifold/catalytic converter and how it's shot.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** does sound like you may have a clogged catalytic converter. You can remove the oxygen sensor on exhaust manifold to see if that allows engine to run better, if so you know the converter is clogged. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, you can reply at any time without additional fees. Thanks.