Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Kyle, I am having starting issues with my 2007 Honda CRV, it

Customer Question

Hey Kyle, I am having starting issues with my 2007 Honda CRV, it seems that when I start it I have to turn over the ignition quite hard and sometimes uit seems like its barely going to start. The worst is when I have stopped somewhere to do something quick and when I try to restart the CRV it doesn;t usually start right away, I typically have to turn over the ignition 4-5 times before it starts. I know that I need to take it into Honda but I would just like to have an idea of what I am looking to have done before they talk me into $1000's of dollars in repairs I don't need
Krista
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is***** will be helping with your Honda question. it seems Kyle is offline today.

When you say it has a hard time starting is it like the starter is not turning the engine over fast enough? Or does the starter sem to work like it should but it just takes too long to fire up? Does it make any unusual noises? The more detailed your information is the better.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn over the ignition it just takes longer to start then it should and if I don't turn it over really hard then it makes all the noises like it's going to start but just doesn't turn overThe real problem happens when I have turned the car off to run into somewhere to do an errand and come back out to the crv and it won't turn over, it sounds like when your battery is dying and it slowly dies when you turn over the ignition. It takes trying it a few times and then waiting a few minutes and then it usually starts. It's very nerve rackingKrista
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply and information.

I have seen a fairly high failure rate with CR-V starters in the 2006 and 2007 years. The Accord uses the same starter in these years too and has similar issues. They act like they are not getting enough power or the battery is low. It happens more often when the starter is warm like after a drive then restarted warm. Sometimes they drag and sometimes there is no noise at all. The Honda remanufactured starter for your CR-V is approx $307. With the checkout and labor it is approx $$800 at the dealership. There are less expensive starters and cheaper labor but you get what you pay for. Most aftermarket rebuilds are pretty cheap. At the dealership and here online this problem is becoming more common. Sorry for the expensive news.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If

you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating

until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man