justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey. Both

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Jim. My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey. Both sliding doors have problems. The passenger side door will not open. When I try to manually open it, it beeps, tries to open, and does not move.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can hear a motor engaging and trying to open the door, but it seems like it won't unlatch.
or is stopped from moving because of some other issue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Honda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm willing to wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet.

Ok, you mention that both sliding doors have issues, but only tell us the problem with the passenger side door, but no mention of the issue with the driver side door. Please let me know its issue so both can be addressed at the same time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The driver-side sliding door lock will only lock and unlock manually, but the door opens and closes without problem
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, first check for stored fault codes - see attached - and let me know if there are any

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,I don't have a way to check stored fault codes, but from looking at the door, it appears that the locking mechanism is broken. I'm going to try to see what I can find looking at it more closely.Thanks,Brad
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** was looking over your chat with the last expert and see that he opted out of the question. Are you still needing help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Justin,I thought I'd take the door panel off and see if there is a mechanical issue with the lock. If that doesn't work, I'll re-submit a question.Thanks,Brad
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Sounds great. I will opt out of this question then. If you feel the need to re-submit a question please request me. I am a Honda/Acura only technician and have extensive experience with sliding door problems and common failure components. Thanks