Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Ignition key would not turn have another 2003 cr-v took

Customer Question

ignition key would not turn have another 2003 cr-v took column out of it & put in now imobilizer blinks & no start do i need to have programmed
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is***** will be helping with your Honda question.

Yes you will need to have it programmed. The engine computer(PCM) has the original key(s) transponder codes stored in it's memory. The new ignition key and receiver unit now don't match. Most mobile locksmiths can come to you and do the programming. The only other option is to have it towed to the dealer. Sorry but there is no other way because the original lock assembly is bad so can't be swapped over to the new column.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man