Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Have 2010 Honda CRV with no heat. Have blower variable

Customer Question

Have 2010 Honda CRV with no heat. Have blower variable speed. Have hot hoses on both sides of heater box. Car does not overheat. No blockage in vents. Any suggestion on cause of.no heat.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is***** will be helping with your Honda question.

Does your CR-V have climate control or manual system? Have you checked the coolant level?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has manual system. Coolant level is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for answer!
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the quick reply and information. Sorry I am a slow typist and have been looking over the system diagrams.

There are a few possible causes for your lack of heat. The air mix motor may be bad and not directing the airflow through the heater core. I have included a picture with the location of the air mix motor under the driver's side dash just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. Operate the temp control knob and see if the air mix motor is moving the air box levers. if it's not remove the motor and see if you can work the levers by hand to get heat. If the levers work OK replace the motor. The fuse for the motor is also for other heater controls so it will be OK otherwise there would be more problems . If the motor works most likely the heater core is restricted. I have seen 2 cases in fairly new low mileage CR-V's with plugged up heater cores. In both cases I was in contact with the Honda techline service. They advised me there were isolated cases of debris from the engine casting process getting into the heater cores. Flushing the heater core in both directions took care of one case the other needed a new heater core.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man