Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

2000 honda accord factory alarm will turn off

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I need a little more info to assist better.

Are you saying the alarm is going off and it will not turn off at all?

Have you tried locking and unlocking the vehicle with the remote (if equipped) or the key blade in the door cylinder?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car was towed in remote was broken battery disconnected when you hook-up battery car alarm is constant turning keys etc. nothing has helped. have new key fob but won't program.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,I see you have requested a phone call for this here.Unfortunately with my info being somewhat limited on this fault here and not being able to offer the service on this I can open your question up for others here if you like to see if anyone else can accept the phone request and assist further or if you want we can try and continue to work on this here.Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i quess give it to someone else
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF this is Factory Alarm:
Connect Battery & turn Door Key Lock to UNLOCK position 2 times
OR
Insert Key in Ignition & Turn ON
OR
Locate the ORANGE (-) wire behind Glove Box in 24 PIN Connector & Ground the ORANGE (-) wire
OR
Be sure Battery is fully charged
Disconnect the Positive Battery Cable
Open Driver Door & LEAVE Open
Insert Ignition Key, turn to On position & LEAVE On
Reconnect Positive Battery Cable
Alarm may sound for a couple of seconds
Start vehicle
.
IF NONE of the above work, then the Alarm Module has an issue or it is NOT Factory
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried all but orange wire is there a way to bypass the alarm system

NO, as that would require a lot of hardwiring, because there is a number of components that go thru the Alarm Module (Ignition, Locks, Fuel, Starter, Lights, etc)
Strange one of the above did NOT DisArm if it is Factory, unless the Alarm Module is bad or Battery is low

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haven-t tried grounding orange wire it's behind glove box? do i have to remove glove box to find it?

what Accord is this ?
Engine & Trans?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.0 v6 4speed b7ta automatic transmission

which Model?
DX, EX or LX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ex sir

thanks for the added info.........
There should be a BLUE (-) wire On the EX Model which is located at the POWER WINDOW Switch
Ground the BLUE wire

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dumb question power window switch blue wire in door panel or fuse box i apologize just trying to make sure i get it right

no problem.........ask as much as you need........
In Door, at Driver Multiplex Unit
BLUE wire comes from the Door Key Switch

These Alarm Units are known to fail & it sounds likely that is what has happened, as there are only a couple of DisArm methods without Programmed Remote

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found it so ground that wire correct?

that is correct..

.
Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.