sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm driving a 2004 Honda odyssey last week the battery

Customer Question

I'm driving a 2004 Honda odyssey last week the battery died, I got a jump start at that time the fuse box was making a horrible clicking noise. it finally stop clicking then the sliding doors stop working and the windows. I had the vehicle checked by a
local shop. now the driver side window/door does not work, during this week the r/r cooling fan that was working stopped and the front air vent is barely blowing on cool. prior to the dead battery I was not having this problem
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have an internal failure in the fuse box but I'm wondering if polarity was reversed during the jump start, which will blow fuses and can damage modules.

Which fuse box was clicking?

Was that happening with the key off?

Have all fuses in both boxes been checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse box on the passenger side under the hood; both fuse boxes were checked, I was told I may need a battery that the current may not be strong enough to operate the doors or they could take the doors inside panel off and replace a motor.
(2) yes it was clicking with the switch off, I have gotten the sliding doors to open and close and the window on the passenger side up/down work but the window on drivers side will not let down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is polarity? lol

Polarity is the direction of current flow.

If the problems happen without the engine running then the battery is very possibly the cause but I was under the impression that you were able to drive the vehicle and these problems happened with the engine running and you were able to drive the vehicle. Is that not the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am driving the vehicle but the sliding doors operate very sluggishly and the window on the drivers side still will not go up or down and the r/r cooling system is not working. This is the reasoning I thought it was probably fuses or relay. The battery starts the van well now.

The battery isn't causing the issues if you're able to start and drive it.

If the doors operate at all then it isn't a fuse or relay, it's a mechanical problem with the doors. A blown fuse would cause no operation at all. The window not working is most likely a failed window motor.

The doors move slowly when opening them electrically? Are they hard to move by hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are very slow moving and sometimes I must move them manually, I have sprayed the tracks wit wd40 and they are still hard to move

You mentioned taking it to a shop. Did they not diagnose the problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did They recommended get a new battery, a new motor for the doors, and they would check the relay in fuse box. Thanks for tour input.

The battery isn't related to the current problems you're having but they recommended replacing the door motors because that's the mechanical issue causing the doors to be hard to open. The window not working is most likely a failed window motor, the door panel will need to be removed to test the motor's power and ground while pressing the switch.