HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 10 YEARS ACURA/ HONDA
8532170

I'm driving a 2007 honda civic ivtec sedan car..i'm

Customer Question

hi,i'm driving a 2007 honda civic ivtec sedan car..i'm experiencing a clicking/thudding sound from my left front wheel when i press my brakes lightly while moving slowly..the sound only occur when i'm moving forward slowly or coming to a complete stop with my brakes slightly pressed down.. I've changed my brake pads and rotors and even had the caliper pins lubricated. My mechanic can't seem to figure out the reason. i realised many people have the same issue but not much were resolved..hope you could help me through..thank you
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, have you thoroughly checked the suspension. The lower control bushings wear out on this vehicle and could cause the noise you are hearing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yup, I've checked on those with the mechanics and they claimed that the suspension and brushings are still in good condition..the sound only occur when I'm driving slowly around 3kmph with the brakes slightly pressed.. If i pressed them hard, they won't be any sound..i found a video in YouTube that had the similar sound: https://youtu.be/EfmlgYaI84k

if the sound is similar and the noise was there before and after replacing the pads, rotors and lubricating the caliper pins then I would suspect a hub is out of round causing the rotation clicking noise you are hearing, Have someone stand outside and drive by and see if you can better isolate what side it is coming from exactly.