Adam Legler
Adam Legler,
Experience:  Service Advisor at Antero Automotive
87664109

Have a 2005 Honda Civic LX, and I need the code Radio as it

Customer Question

Have a 2005 Honda Civic LX , and I need the code for the Radio as it does not play. What can I do?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Adam Legler replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question! This will be a five digit code. Honda was pretty stealthy about hiding it around the vehicle on a sticker on a lot of models. First, of course, check your owners manual. Second, open the glove box and look on the side of it closest to the center console (you). You're looking for a small white sticker with some numbers on it, if there is a 5 digit number, thats your code. If its not there, pop open your under hood fuse box cover and see if the same sticker I described is on the inside on the lid. Again, you're looking for a small white sticker with numbers on it. If all else fails, turn your ignition key on while pressing down the #1 and #6 preset button, this will display a number, write that down and most any Honda PARTS department will be able to use that and obtain your code. Thank you for your questions and please let me know if anything works and if you have any additional questions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried putting the number you gave and got 3 Err9 on the screen? What now?

Hmm, that is odd. All Hondas will display the serial number by holding down 1 and 6 while turning the ignition to the ACC position. Have you already tried entering codes that were incorrect? By doing that you may have locked out the radio, which is an anti-theft feature.

The face of the radio must be displaying "code" prior to this step. Once the radio is out of anti theft mode, try this procedure again.

With the ignition on, Turn off the radio and press and hold #1 and #6 radio preset buttons and while holding the buttons turn on the radio. The radio will display a U and 4 digits and then an "L" and 4 digits. The first 4 digits of the serial number are with the "U" the last 4 digits of the serial number are after the "L". For example if it reads "U" 1234 and "L" 4321, the serial number would be 12344321. Please respond once you've completed this procedure and obtained the serial number

Hello again! Did you ever have any luck obtaining the radios serial number or code? Please let me know how I can be of further assitance.