Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

Im having a loud noise from my engine that sounds like a bad

Customer Question

Hi im having a loud noise from my engine that sounds like a bad power steering pump, but my husband already replaced that. There were no bubbles in the resivoir after replacing, and just recently we checked the fluid level and it was a bit low and there were bubbles when turning the wheel. We topped it off and then there were no bubbles. But it's been louder lately, (even before topping it off) and making a groaning nose along with the whine.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Before I can tell you what may be going on can you tell me if the pump and the fluid were purchased at the dealer or aftermarket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We used genuine honda ps fluid, the pump was purchased from auto zone.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I am glad that you used the correct fluid as that is usually the issue. Being that this is an Autozone pump that is another problem. Typically whenever I have had to use a pump from Autozone on a Honda I usually have to go through 4-5 before I get a quiet one. If you have changed the seals and do not have any looseness in the lines then it is more than likely the pump.