gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I already wrote it out. What is going on here? Is this a

Customer Question

I already wrote it out. What is going on here? Is this a racket? I though I would get a mechanic -- that is what came before I put in my credit card.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know if you got my question. I keep being referred to the pay page and I have already paid -- now more than once!!!!
I have a 1998 Honda Accord DX. Tonight when I drove home from choir practice in the rain, I have this intermittent squeaking sound which sounds like it is an intentional alarm. It is not loud like one hears in a parking lot. Just a squeak. I have had my car into the dealer two times now because the light for the air bags has come on. They have turned off and said nothing is wrong but it came back on again -- last week. Not today. Is there some kind of bearing or joint has an alarm? What would this be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The initial inquiry said the mechanic was waiting. It did not indicate that it was up to one day. I can go to the garage before school in the morning if I have to wait that long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke to someone in billing named Leo. Then he asked me to take a survey. I did nothing. It said, "thank you" and I got a busy tone. Your system is not set to make your customers feel at all comfortable that is legitimate when these things keep happening.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Bear with me on this, I may have to ask a few questions and get answers back from you. If you have questions, please respond back. Don't rate my answer until we are done and you are satisfied.

When you hear this sound, which you describe as a "squeak", are you doing anything in particular, ie are you braking, turning, going over a speed bump with only one wheel, etc? You said it happened in the rain, does it happen when it is not wet outside? If the vehicle is not moving, is there still a noise? If so, pop the hood and see if the noise is in the engine bay (could be water on the serpentine belt)

As for the airbag (?) light, if the light is on not only does it set a fault, but your airbag system will not be operational while the light is on as a safety precaution (wouldn't want the airbags to all blow off because of a short to power) Do you have any record of the fault that they cleared out of the system (and when you went in the second time, did you let them know they had looked at it previously for the same issue?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tonight is the first night I ever heard the squeak. I was driving home from choir practice and just starting hearing this repeating squeak noise. It sounds to me like some sort of alarm type thing.Yes, I told the garage and now they will scope for the answer in a different way but did not have time to fix the car at a time when they would have a loaner available for me so I am on a waiting list. I don't have the freedom not to go work because I have car trouble which is why I also contacted you about the squeak tonight,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had the squeak at any other time than tonight and we have had rain for several days. I had not gone over a speed bump. I bumped a curb trying to navigate to a parking place and that is the only unusual thing today.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

is it constant with the engine running? Or constant when driving?

There are no alarms like this, just the seatbelt chime when driving without it connected

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I don't think this is anything that is going to keep you from driving the vehicle, I am more inclined to believe it is due the water

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only heard it while driving. But I didn't sit in the garage with the engine on for any length of time.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Is it constant when you are driving- like once every time the wheel goes around, or similar?

Since I can't be there to look over your car, I'm going to have to rely on you to do some observation, and try to note when and how often the noise happens.

If it is constant while driving, see if it changes speed when you accelerate, or if you can shift into neutral and it will slow down, etc. (checking to see if it is engine speed or vehicle speed that regulates the noise)