Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 2007crv, when I have the vehicle in neutral or park

Customer Question

I have a 2007crv, when I have the vehicle in neutral or park running, I have no noise as soon as I put it in drive or reverse I have a rattling noise. Help very annoying
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Can you please tell me where the noise seems to come from? Engine compartment or under the vehicle?

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise seems to be coming from the engine compartment
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply and information. Most likely the drive belt auto tensioner is making the rattling noise. It's right below the power steering pump. When the engine slows down when put into gear the tensioners seem to rattle when they are bad. They can sometimes also rattle when accelerating when load is put on the drive belt. Most all Honda's that use a auto tensioner will eventually have this problem.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man