sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ivan, i was rear ended and now the rattle is coming from the

Customer Question

hi ivan, i was rear ended and now the rattle is coming from the front sounds like its coming from the converter at low rpms under load, is it possible that the inside of converter is falling apart its a odyssey with 54k mi
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone call or text either one need as soon asap please. thank you
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's very possible that the catalytic converter could be rattling internally. It isn't uncommon for the material inside a converter to break up and then the pieces will migrate around and rattle. It's often most noticeable at idle.

If the exhaust system is no longer bent and hitting another component, the hangers are in good condition, etc and you're hearing a rattling that seems to come from the exhaust then with the engine cool hit the converter with a mallet or the side of your fist and see if it rattles. If so then it will need to be replaced.