Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 1990 Honda Accord LX 4 Cylinder Automatic Trans. I

Customer Question

Hello I have a 1990 Honda Accord LX 4 Cylinder Automatic Trans. I was driving down the freeway last week and all of a sudden the car lost power and starting running like crap bogging and popping here and there, So i was told it was the fuel pump so i replaced it with a new filter and strainer. Still the same problem. Im getting fuel and spark, When i start the car the motor shakes so bad you would think it was going to come apart and running really rough at a low idle, When i give it gas you can here it sucking alot of air threw the intake tube to the air filter box and then once it gets to about 2,500 rpm it will run really smooth like nothing is wrong at all. But every time you stop or everytime it shifts gears and the rpms drop it boggs down until eventually you reach over 2,500 rpm and it starts running then, I had a few people tell me to change the Idle Air Control Motor and or the TPS Throttle Positioning Sensor. Can someone please help me !
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

If you can accept the offer for the phone call we can continue. If not we can still communicate in the chat.

Thanks, Honda-Man