Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Have check engine light on. Had the car tested and I was

Customer Question

Have check engine light on. Had the car tested and I was told it was the egr valve.replaced egr n clean intake manifold and light still on. Also replaced all four o2 sensors to see if the light would go off but still on. Please help.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Can you please tell me what code you have?

Thanks, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P0401
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** send the offer for the phone call. Once you accept the offer we can speak on the phone.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

I have a suggestion that should solve your problem. P0401 is a flow code so the EGR valve won't cause this code to set. If it were bad there would be a code for lift not flow. I remove the EGR valve and start the truck. There will be a noisy exhaust passage that does not plug up. There will be a passage going to the intake manifold that should have good strong vacuum. When it's clear the engine will stall or barely run. There is a small plug in the end of the passage that can be removed to help clean out the passage. I have included a picture with the plug location. I drill a small hole and screw a sheet metal screw into the hole. Then pry it out to clean the passage. Reinstall the plug when done then plug the hole with a screw, washer, and silicone.

Getting late so I will check back in the morning.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man