Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2000 Honda odessey when I put it in park and turn car off.

Customer Question

2000 Honda odessey when I put it in park and turn car off. The hazard lights start flashing and don't go off.😡stay on all night end up with dead battery
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
This is going to be a fault in the antitheft/alarm control module, located just to the right of the steering column under the dash.
The first step is to have it checked for latest software updates and update if needed. If ok, it will need to be tested with a scan tool and if faulty as I suspect, replaced. If ok, then the wiring will need to be checked for shorts and repaired as needed
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not faulty I don't think.we just screwed up when we unarmed it.can I check for shorts myself? We have no money.tell me how
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

It likely will need reprogramming, but you can check the wiring. It is located underneath the dash, to the right of the steering column(see attached photo). Check the wiring going to it for broken, cut or chafed wires, as well as for the connectors being snug and tight in the module

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks