justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

2003 Honda Accord, none of the windows operate. The power

Customer Question

2003 Honda Accord, none of the windows operate. The power mirrors and door locks work so I know there is power there
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I suspect a faulty power window master switch, and possibly a faulty driver's window motor/regulator. I'd like you to perform a test to determine some of this puzzle. Remove the driver's power window master switch. If you need instruction you can search for you tube videos on how to do this. It's very easy. It just pops out by carefully prying up on it using a flat blade screw driver or timr tool if you have it. A screw driver works fine as long as you are careful. To do this test the window switch connector needs to be plugged up. This means you'll have to use a safety pin, paper clip or something similar to stick into the specified wire terminal. Locate the White/Green wire (white wire with green stripe). It is terminal #3 in the connector. I will supply a picture of the connector diagram to help you locate it. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Use a jumper wire and jump that White/Green wire to a body ground. Try to operate all windows EXCEPT the driver's. If they work this means the master switch is faulty and no longer able to provide a ground to the power window relay. The switch needs to be replaced. If the windows still don't work let me know and we can continue.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.