Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I just replaced the immobilizer module on my daughters 2003

Customer Question

Hi, I just replaced the immobilizer module on my daughters 2003 honda civic. It was intermittently recognizing her key. After replacement, I can't get it to start at all. It simply turns over freely. The immobilizer key light is solid for a few seconds after inserting the key, then simply flashes.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

The immobilizer(IMOB) green key light is flashing and it won't start because the immobilizer module(MOB receiver unit) needs to be programed with the key transponder codes. The key codes are stored in the IMOB receiver unit and the engine control module(ECM). If either one is replaced the key programming needs to be done. Sorry but there is not any other way. You can reinstall the old part just to get it started if needed. Mobile locksmiths can come to you and do the programming. The other option is to take it to the Honda dealer.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man