sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Kyle I have a Honda civic ES5. I had a short problem where

Customer Question

Hello Kyle I am Rishi, I have a Honda civic ES5. I had a short problem where the entire electrical harness caught fire and burnt. I bought an entire front half and swapped the engine, complete harness, engine and transmission. MY car did not have the programmable key but now that I have swapped the key light is coming on and the vehicle wont start, can you bypass?
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The immobilizer isn't something that you can disable. I'm assuming you're trying to use a used engine controller from a car that did have an immobilizer and yours does not. If that's the case then you'd either need a new ECM or swap your old one in if it's still functional. Not knowing exactly what you've done, if you have an immobilizer module from another partial vehicle/harness plugged in then it would need to be removed before installing the correct/replacement ECM or it would teach the ECM that it is equipped with an immobilizer also.