Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

I have a 2004 Honda civic ex, I noticed it was having

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Honda civic ex, I noticed it was having trouble climbing a hill when I got up the hill it seemed fine till I stopped at a light it then died at the next light it was fine but the light after died again, at my next stop it died and would not restart, fuel pump was diagnosed as bad, it was replaced and now fuel pump works, but car won't start, sprayed ether into air intake without filter no fire at all, I still cant seem to smell fuel still as well even withmultiple cranks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, proper fuel pressure and injector pulse and compression , if you are sure you now have good fuel pressure with the new pump then check and see if you are getting spark as well as injector pulse and good compression. Post back with which one you are lacking and we can work from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ran code reader and the cam shaft td sensor code came up, this code fits the problem description except why the fuel ump quit at the same time, need to replace sensor next to decide if its the sensor or the cam shaft
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Start first with making sure the timing belt is okay before you replace the sensor and post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.