Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have an 04 CRV, brake lights come on when you turn on the

Customer Question

I have an 04 CRV, brake lights come on when you turn on the lights. Only the center brake light functions normally
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced brake switch and fuse is ok.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Have you tried replacing the bulbs? The power for the 2 outer and center bulbs comes from the same wire. One wire runs to the rear from the brake light switch. Please let me know about the bulbs. It's common for one to burn out then the other shortly after.

Thanks, Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

There is a splice in the white/black wire where it splits to each of the 3 bulbs. If the bulbs are OK the problem is at the splice.