Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Unable to start 2013 Honda Accord with keyless ignition. Get

Customer Question

unable to start 2013 Honda Accord with keyless ignition. Get a rapid clicking noise and unable to close driver side window. brake seems hard to press down on. Lights flash with the clicking
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Your detailed description sounds like the battery is basically dead. The rapid clicking noise is probably the starter solenoid. The lack of proper voltage causes the solenoid to rapidly cycle instead of engaging and turning the engine over. Power relays for the vehicle can also click rapidly if the battery voltage is low. I recommend charging the battery or jump starting it. The window will not work either if the battery is dead or too low. If you have a voltmeter the battery voltage should be above 9.6 volts while trying to start it. The voltage test should be done at the battery posts. Another possibility is the battery cables terminals on the battery are loose or corroded. Clean and tighten the connections then try to start it. My guess is the battery is low or has a bad cell preventing it from starting. Low battery voltage can cause all kinds of strange problems on modern vehicle systems.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Please kindly rate or accept my advice and answer. You can still ask questions after the rating as follow-ups are free.

Thank you, Honda-Man