Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My accord alarm went off and now the car wont start

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

To turn off the alarm and get it started use the key in either front door lock. Turn the key to the lock then unlock position. It might take several tries but it will shut the alarm off and let it start. There is a switch on the door lock that will disable the alarm. As long as the vehicle battery is charged it should start. If the battery is low on charge from the alarm going off it may need to be jumped started while using the key in the door and trying to start it. It's fairly common for the starter to work but not have enough battery left for it to actually start.

Please remember to rate or accept my advice and answer. You can still ask questions after the rating is done.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work tried it before talking to yuo
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Is your alarm a Honda or aftermarket one? The picture is of a Honda remote transmitter. Is the car electrical dead? Does it turn over but not start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's factory
Your info was bad I fixed it by disconnecting the battery and do not expect to pay
So reverse the charges tomorrow I will file with my bank and your site to protest charges
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I could not help.