Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I am trying to log on. have a 2001 honda civic 5spd. non

Customer Question

i am trying to log on. have a 2001 honda civic 5spd. non certified honda key in the ignition will crank engine but not turn over. can power windows, etc. cannot remove key from ignition. have tried wiggling steering wheel and turning key to left. need help
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

If a key is stuck in the ignition there are only a few options. The first solution I use with good success is turning the key with a set of pliers and tapping the end of the key grip with a hammer. Put pressure on the key with the pliers in the off position and tap or pound light to medium force on the end of the key. Keep pressure on the key with the pliers and it will usually come out. If this will not work a mobile locksmith should be able to remove the key or replace the ignition lock assembly.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thanks, Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

If you still want to talk on the phone just accept the offer.