Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2004 Accord V-6 EX coupe automatic. It has always

Customer Question

Hi Andrew, I have a 2004 Accord V-6 EX coupe automatic. It has always ran very well. A few days ago it started "dragging" when trying to start. It would eventually start but after several tries. I replaced the starter/solenoid with a Denso unit and a new battery. It made no difference. The engine still drags and the starter spins for a few seconds without engaging the flywheel (it sounds just like the flywheel is missing teeth but after inspection, the teeth are in good condition). After starting the vehicle, it rough idles a little and then runs normally. Even under hard acceleration, it runs perfect. I was thinking maybe the fuel pump but is runs strong after starting. I also read it could the "main relay" or possibly a camshaft sensor? Very frustrating. Would a code reader diagnose the problem? The check/service engine light is not coming on indicating anything is wrong.. Thanks,Brian
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Does the harmonic balancer spin/turn over when this "dragging" condition occurs?