Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

2003 accord key wont start car security light on do I need a

Customer Question

2003 accord key wont start car security light on do I need a locksmith
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Which light is on? Is it the green light that looks like a key? If so is it flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Green light looks like key and flashes
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

If the car just starts and dies right away I would say it is an immobilizer issue and if a locksmith has equipment to try and reprogram the key you can try that. It could also be a fault in the system where the dealer will need to check and repair it.

If the car does not turn over at all the battery my be low or bad which would cause a voltage issue that will make the key light flash. You could try to jump start the car if that is the issue.

I hope some of this information helps you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car will turn over fine just like if i turned off.the spark. No issues there never tries to start at all just like turning over a older honda with a bad dist. Nothing???
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Yes then you could have a key issue, You may want to call and see if a locksmith can do it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing i can do. Should it start and die. Mine does nothing just turns over
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

It should actually start and die which does make me think it may be more than just a key issue. You will not be able to reprogram the keys yourself as it does require special equipment to do.