Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have still yet to have anyone help me with the sliding

Customer Question

I have still yet to have anyone help me with the sliding door on my 2006 odyssey. Door is doing nothing. so far I changed two parts on the door. Door swictch by the handle and the door actuator still nothing.
Door not locking nor is it opening automatically. I would like someone to help me run through the door. The rear part of door slider is not latching. When I reset the door it will click a few times when I close it then open a little and cycle couple of times then must shut off because it stops doing it. The door was working fine and neither the handle nor the button will open door.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the fuel door cushion and make sure it is in place as there is a bulletin related to an issue like this here on this model.If this cushion is missing the sliding door will not operate properly as it thinks the fuel door is opened.In the link below you will see the cushion.If this is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The passenger side works fine. Would it be the driver side only. Because that is the only one not worki g
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is the fuel fill cap on the drivers or passengers side on this model here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Divers sude
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked to see if the rubber stopper is on the fuel fill door or if it is missing at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is there and it does actuate it because I hear it when shutting the fuel door. Let me give little history. originally door was sticking a bit. So I was told to change rollers which it worked great. Then the rear part of the sliding door would close then open just a bit and then it would keep doing that while we were driving. Then it would stop but the door would remain open just a bit. Then it must go to reset mode because it will not do that anymore unless I reset the doors.

I was told to change the actuator switch by handle I did. Then the little black switch lower and I did. I don't hear the switch mechanism when I push the button or the handle like I do on the other side.

I have the door skin off and everything but the thing looks like pretty complicated for a door.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is it the rear door latch that wasn't latching at first and causing the door to reopen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it was the rollers but it only did it once in awhile. It worked good after new rollers. then the rear part of latch started acting up doing the open and closing thing. If I reset doors it still does the same thing then stops but I get nothing on the door open and close motor. Hard to diagnose because there are so many switches and motors on this door. I just know I get no sound with pushing the switch and or the door and I should be hearing an actuator or something like the other side I get nothing. checked both the 40 amp under hood and 20 drivers side even swithched them with the left side to make sure

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Is there any way you can have the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set and let me know what codes are set here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I have a computer. I didn't think it would give a code for that I will check it now.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,this may require a high end scan tool to check all of your vehicles computers for codes.If you can get this done and post the codes here this will help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a mac mentour and it does do that vehicle. On the left drivers side door Im getting comm failure or not controller available

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you communicate with the right door and any other door control modules at all?