Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

How do I stop my 2006 Honda CRV horn from beeping as if I

Customer Question

How do I stop my 2006 Honda CRV horn from beeping as if I have pressed the lock button twice on my key? It keeps beeping randomly and it's getting too late for so much noise!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have some kind of problem with your security system. That will be tough to diagnose over the computer, but in the meantime you can pull the horn relay so it stops honking. Here is a diagram of your underhood fuse box. Pull relay #10. I circled. it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will try that now.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It should stop the honking, but not solve whatever is causing it. Let me know if I can help sort that out too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jared. This will get me and the neighbors through the night until I can try re-setting the system tomorrow!
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I hope I have been of some assistance and would really appreciate a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in the future.