justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I have a 2003 honda civic and when i went to start today it

Customer Question

I have a 2003 honda civic and when i went to start today it started clicking an all the cages went crazy. I check the batt voltage it was at 12.53 volts. So my boyfriend replaced the started but still doing the same thing, any help?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Typically when you turn the key to start the vehicle and dash lights flicker and that sort of thing it means that there isn't sufficient battery voltage available to operate all the necessary systems on the car. More than likely the battery is insufficient. You can put the meter on the battery and watch the voltage while you turn the key to start. The battery might be at 12.5 while not turning the key, but I'd be willing to be the voltage drops significantly when turning the key. Try to jump start the vehicle and see if that will get it going.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.