Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 1996 Honda Odyssey. One day I was pulling out of a

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Honda Odyssey. One day I was pulling out of a parking lot and it died. It turns over but not a sputter. I checked the ignition switch, OK; checked the fuel pump--it primes when I turn the key and the pressure off the fuel rod is where it
should be. There is a spark and it is hot. The timing belt is in tact and functioning as it should. I suspect that it could be the injectors. Is there a fuse or some electrical way to test them?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have done a fair amount of checking. That's a good start.

What is the condition of the plugs? I have worked on hondas where the spark plugs seem to suddenly spark their last spark. If you pull them and they look burned out and the electrode gap is way over then that's a good place to start.

The best way to test the injectors is with a noid light set on the injector harness. You plug it in in place of the injector on each injector connector and see if the light blinks when you crank the key.

You should also check the fuel injector relay. The PGM-FI main relay is located under the driver's side of the dash, right of the steering column. Always verify powers and grounds to the PGM-FI main relay.