MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

Dies when driving hard to start

Customer Question

Dies when driving hard to start
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today

I would like you to remove the spark plugs and see what the plugs look like .

also what is the service history on the car ( tune up)

the oil leaking in the plug wires is going to happen when the spark plug tube seals get hard and will leak engine oil into the spark plug tubes.

so this will have to be addressed also. the valve cover and tube seals and spark plug wires will need to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we checked for Spark.. Spark plugs are Not Shot.. Slight wear on #1. The spark plugs are Not the Problem.. A year or year and a half ago the Car was tuned. My boyfriend is the one checking the car.. He works on Hot Rods.. He would know if there was Spark Plug issue. The distributor was changed 3 years ago. The Car has been having the symptoms of approx 8 months... The air duct was changed also.. (Blew apart when distributor had to be changed) again was stalling and wait 15 min and start again... However, now won't start at all???

ok does it have spark at the plugs when cranking ? if so what color is the spark ?

the wires have oil on them ?