George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I'm still dealing with this rear cam being off the (tdc).

Customer Question

George, I'm still dealing with this rear cam being off the mark (tdc). When I try to turn the cam sprocket into position, as your suggested. All of a sudden it jumps to the 11-o'clock position and a spring noise is heard. Then when I try to rotate to tdc it jumps back to the 2-o'clock position and you hear a sprint nouse again. Any suggests?
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

The springs will not allow it to sit on the mark, you have to set the rest of the pullys then string the belt and put the back cam in position and install the belt to hold it in position.

The alternative is to get a cam holder that installs between the pulleys to hold them in position. It may take two people to get this done. One to run the belt and one to hold the center bolt with a wrench.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I meant two people - one to hold the cam with a wrench on the center bolt and one to string the belt to hold it in place