Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

A small bracket with a bolt fell off my 2007 Honday Odyssey

Customer Question

A small bracket with a long bolt fell off my 2007 Honday Odyssey EX this evening. I uploaded two pictures of it to the following addresses:
http://postimg.org/image/l8msxnk3x/
and
http://postimg.org/image/7n2munoi7/
The van seems to be driving fine but obviously this serves some purpose. Can anyone tell me what it is and how concerned I should be? Thanks for any help.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
That appears to be an isolator bracket for the front engine mount and the thru bolt for it. Without this, especially the thru bolt, the engine can torque on acceleration, which shortterm isnt a problem, but over several months can damage the exhaust pipe where it bolts to the exhaust manifold and can also damage the other engine mounts over the course of several months due to added stress on them from this one not being fully secured.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks