Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  33 years of diagnostic / repair work.
9261905

I have a 2003 Honda Civic si-g but the motor is a d17A from

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Honda Civic si-g but the motor is a d17A from Japan. What should I do if I want to make it compatible and also faster. I want it to blow e engine that waS in it2.0 k series. Yes I know it's not as good an engine but it's what I have or should I replace ex engine and then modify? Budget is 8,000 tops with all engine mods please help
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

People do have different / differing idea though as to what the best way is.. there is no right / wrong answer really.

I know of a couple of sites and videos that may well / should help you decide - I will give them to you now-

The first video is HERE... and you will find several there - but that one is quite informative.

The second page for info is HERE ... that is also very good with lots of good ideas for you to consider.

And a lot of good info -inc links to other informative / helpful sites is HERE

- There are others on the net of course but that is the best selection above that should give you some good ideas and insight as to your options.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE